Friday, November 5, 2010

And now for something completely different: Let's Shake Things Up!

Bookmark and Share
When I was a little girl, my mother used to watch the television show Murder She Wrote. I remember fondly that no one was allowed to interrupt my mom during the hour when Jessica Fletcher solved the homicide du jour. Since we only had one TV at that point, I was stuck watching it.

My dad, not being one for television or for listening to my mom's no talking mandate, spent a good portion of that silent-hour saying "Jessica did it!". Why? Because everywhere that woman went, someone died. He then would wonder aloud, much to my mom's dismay, why Jessica Fletcher's friends invited her anywhere, because when they did, there was surely death to follow. In her home town, the murder rate was sky-high. Why they didn't bar her completely, I'll never know.

I read an article today on Yahoo News that reminded me of Harbinger of Death, also known as Jessica Fletcher, this morning. Did you know the leading cause of earthquakes is Hillary Clinton? Here's an excerpt from the article:

CHRISTCHURCH, New Zealand — What is it about Hillary Rodham Clinton and earthquakes? Seems the secretary of state rarely takes an overseas trip that is not in some way affected by a temblor.
She may not have felt the earth move under her feet, but as her plane landed Friday in Christchurch, the city was hit by an aftershock from a 7-magnitude quake that struck in September. Two days earlier, as she wrapped up a visit to Papua New Guinea, a 6.0-magnitude quake rattled villages there.

Those seismic events were at least the third and fourth to have hit countries while Clinton was visiting. On her first trip abroad as America's top diplomat in February 2009, Clinton was shaken awake by a minor quake in Japan. Four months later, she felt a 5.0 quake in Honduras. Then, in October 2009, tremors struck Pakistan while Clinton was there.

And those are just the ones she's been present for.

(http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/11/05/hillary-clinton-earthquakes_n_779347.html- yeah, I first read it on Yahoo! but those namby-pampys pulled the article.)


Why are we allowing Hillary Clinton to live? If we burn her at the stake, the earthquakes will stop. Its just logic, people.


(Pooping Red Guy approves this message)

No comments: