Sunday, May 29, 2011

Sunday Sampling: Place you shoulg go

Bookmark and Share
Ok, dear friends and readers (Hi Mom!!), let me share with you a sampling of the cool, fun, interesting and awful stuff I've found on the internet this week. Plus, I have the time... things have been sooo totally serial  (if you don't know this, you don't know Al Gore) here lately that I think we all need a break.

House Members Introduce Bill to Protect Medical Pot Industry

Since our state and a state adjacent are in the process of legalizing Medical Marijuana, I thought this was timely. Apparently, the Federal Government makes it difficult for dispensaries (which are small businesses) to operate. Some of our law-makers think that's unfair. States rights issues are always interesting. 

Old Timey Cats:

A photo blog that has a variety of yester-year cat photos, cats in print, cats in cartoons--basically cat visual media that's not modern. Where else can you see Koda-chrome technology via cat in a pot of pasta? I tell you where: Nowhere but here. 

Cake Wrecks Sunday Sweets:

You have probably already been there, but if haven't yet make a few hours to laugh until you pee today. It's freaking hilarious. But that's not specifically why I'm sending you here. It's Memorial Day Weekend, so Jill-- the Cake Wrecks Mastermind-- has a great post showing military themed treats that are absolutely amazing. 

ThinkGeek Microbes:

Now you can give someone cancer. I'm giving out for Christmas. Or maybe E. Coli or the flu. Anyway, microbes are definitely my idea for this year. 

FML:

When you need a good pick-me-up, this is the place to go. Or maybe you need to share some pain? It's like fail blog in simple text format.

Age Verification:

It's just a photo, but it's brilliant. Now if only they could do something like this with those captcha things I can never read...(I found this on Alas, a Blog where I also totally ripped the idea for this post. What? Everyone else was doing it!!) 

The Scariest Duck Face Photo Ever:

Really. This should be used to scare children into behaving. Ask them: Do you want to grow up to look like this? I didn't think so. 

This is all I have. Enjoy your extra day off or not if you are mom or have to work. 

 Editing this to add: 

Vera Drake

It's Monday evening, but that's like Sunday, right? I'm editing this list to include a move you should see. 


1 comment:

Unknown said...

Wow. Formatting gone wild.